Almost every smartphone comes with a few major or minor problems,and most of these are caused by default settings. The Samsung Galaxy S4 too has a few. For many units, frequent lags and app freezing is regular. Simple settings and update fix are stated below.
Many experts stated that the a few apps like bloatware is responsible for the TouchWiz to freeze sometimes. Disabling useless apps should help. Follow these steps: Settings> More> Applications Manager> All> select apps> Disable.
Also, disabling animations through the developer’s option will solve this problem.
It is surprising for apps to freeze on the Galaxy S4 considering its octa-core and quad-core variants. Most of the reports state about third party media player freezing. At first, try to clean the app’s cache and data. You can also look for updates. Updates often consist of bug fixes. Also, you can just reset your app to see what happens.
Clear the application cache on your Samsung Galaxy S4
Clearing the application cache removes temporary files and frees up memory – your personal settings or information remain intact.
Be sure you clear only the application cache and not the application data.
- From the home screen, tap Apps.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Tap More.
- Tap Application manager.
- Swipe left to view the All tab.
- Scroll to and tap the preferred application.
- Tap Clear cache.
- You’ve now cleared the application cache.
Perform a soft reset.
- A soft reset deletes any temporary files and can potentially free up internal memory.
- Press and hold the Power key, tap Power off, and then tap OK to turn your Samsung Galaxy S4 off.
- Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Press and hold the Power key to turn your Samsung Galaxy S4 back on.
- Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.