The internet can be a wonderful place in which you can explore new things and meet exciting new people. However it can also be a pretty rough place where not everyone you meet wants to be your friend. No one doubts that when it comes to desktops or laptops but a lot of today’s internet users think that the rules don’t apply to mobile device.
Unfortunately they do, which means that it’s just as easy, if not easier, to get attacked by hackers or malicious entities online while you’re browsing from your phone. A mobile antivirus app is extremely necessary and it will keep you out of harm’s way, provided you get the one you need.
There are a lot of applications that fulfill this purpose and a lot of them even come from established developers that have migrated from popular desktop version. Examples of such apps are Avast Free Antivirus and AVG Antivirus Free. You’ve surely heard of these brands before but you probably don’t know which of them managed a better transition to mobile. Let’s see what the differences between them are and which is better suited for your needs.
- When it comes to virus, spyware, malware and rootkits, both applications can handle the job
- Both offer web browsing protection for your daily online sessions
- You get email protection from both apps
- If you like to play games on your phone and want your antivirus app to do its job but also be silent, both do this
- When it comes to Home Network and router security, only Avast is capable of handling all the necessities
- Only Avast is capable of cleaning up your browser plugins if you don’t need or want them
- If your software is out of date, it will get detected but only with Avast
- Sometimes you need to access your computer, and you can do so from your phone but only with Avast
- If you’re worried about data protection and spying, only AVG can help you
- If there’s data you want to erase permanent, AVG is the only one offering permanent deletion for sensitive data
- Remote controlling through a web portal is only possible with AVG
- If you want an antivirus but hate making accounts, AVG can hook you up
- So there you have it. Now you can see what each app excels at and what capabilities are available for both antivirus programs. It’s not a matter of which is better but rather of which offers what you want the most. Whichever you end up choosing, make sure to get an antivirus program as it will keep your phone safe and it will make your browsing secure.