Apple has introduced new flagship Smartphone i.e. the iPhone 5S. This phone will be available in market from 20th September. It is competing Motorola’s contender i.e. the Moto X which is also available in Canada and US. Here in this post I am comparing both iPhone 5 and Moto X on the basis of their specs and features.
1. Carrier: – iPhone 5S includes T- Mobile, Sprint, AT&T and Verizon. On the other hand Moto X includes U.S. Cellular, Verizon, At&T and Sprint.
2. Price: – The starting price of iPhone is around $199.99 with a contact price of two years but if you are interested in more storage area then its price will be $299 and $399 on contract price. Irrespective of contract price they are available for $649, $749 and for $849. Now Motorola’s Moto X is prices for $599 but on contract price of two years it will be of $199.9; Moto X – a bit cheaper than iPhone 5S on non-contract prices.
3. Dimensions: – New iPhone is around 0.30 inches thick with a width of 2.31 inches and 4.87 inches tall but Moto X is 0.41 inches thick, 2.57 inches wide and 5.09 inches tall. It makes iPhone sleeker comperatively.
4. Operating system: – iPhone 5S runs on Apple’s iOS 7 but Moto X performs well on Google’s Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Both are using the latest respective OS.
5. Display: – iPhone 5S has a resolution of 1138 x 640 pixels @ 328 ppi and is 4 inches in size while Moto X has a display resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels @ 316 ppi with a screen area of 4.7 inches.
6. Weight: – Weight of iPhone 5S is around 112 grams only but Moto X weights 130 grams. Clearly carrying iPhone 5S is quite easier.
7. Primary camera: – Primary camera of iPhone is of 8 megapixels with an aperture of f/2.2. It is also featured with 3X zoom, lenses of five elements, backside illumination sensor and digital image stabilization. But Moto X is blessed with a primary camera of 10 megapixels along with an aperture of f/2.2. It also includes LED flash, 4X zoom and a digital image stabilization. But the difference lies in display that is AMOLED and LED.
8. Secondary camera: – The secondary camera of iPhone 5S is blessed with 1.2 megapixels with a resolution of 1280 x 960 pixels. It also include backside illumination sensor. Moto X wins here as it have a secondary camera of 2 megapixels with a resolution of 1600 x 1200 pixels.
9. Color availability:- iPhone 5S is available in Silver, Gray and Gold color while Moto X is available in White and black along with a woven texture. Apart from these textures designs it is also available in 16 more colors.
10. Battery: – iPhone 5S has a standby time of 10.4 days, 3G talk time of 10 hours and browsing time is also of 10 hours while Moto X can standby up to 13.8 days. It also has a 3G talk time of 13 – 14 hours but browsing time of 8 – 9 hours.
11. Storage: – iPhone 5S offers a storage area of 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB. It also offers 5 GB free memory in cloud. Moto X offers a storage space of 16 and 32 GB along with 15 GB free storage space in clouds. Moto X also offers 50 GB free for two years.
Moto X is a good option for android lovers but if we compare both of them in specs then clearly we can say that iPhone 5S is a good deal – having equipped with the latest technologies from Apple.