Graffixnyc, an XDA developer has released for HTC One M8 an Android v5.0.1 Lollipop Goggle PlayEdition ROM. The ROM is rooted and with no modifications. It is on the same format that came from Google and based on build number LRX22C.
The developer said the following “It seems people on older firmware are having issues with wifi. This is due to your old firmware. If you are not S-off you will have to wait for your carrier to release updated firmware. There is nothing that can be done about it”.
If you want to install this ROM on your HTC One M8 follow the instructions below.
Here’s what you need:
- Backup all your data
- Battery must be at least 80%
- Rooted device and latest version install of TWRP recovery
- Some bug issues might occur while installing
- Unlock the bootloader
- Download Android 5.0.1 Google Play Edition ROM for HTC One M8
Instructions to install Android 5.0.1 Lollipop ROM:
- Go to HTC developer site and register. Press ‘Unlock Bootloader’ under ‘Developer center’ and follow the steps to unload bootloader.
- Download Android 5.0.1 Google Play Edition rooted ROM for HTC One M8 and move it in a file on your PC.
- Transfer the file to the device storage.
- Turn off the phone.
- Turn on the phone into bootloader mode by pressing and holding volume down and power buttons.
- To navigate use the volume buttons and to select an option press the power button.
- Use the ‘fastboot device’ command for your PC to recognize the phone.
- Use ‘fastboot flash recovery twrp.img’ command to install the TWRP on your phone.
- Use ‘fastboot reboot’ command to reboot your phone.
- Turn off the phone. Turn on using Volume down and power buttons together.
- Wipe all the data using Advanced Wipe.
- Go to the recovery menu select install and go to the ROM file. Confirm the installation.
- Go to recovery menu and select Reboot system now.
Now your HTC One M8 will run Android 5.0.1 Google Play Edition ROM software.