CyanogenMod 12 have available an early Android 5.0 Lollipop build for OnePlus One.
This build has made been available by Nburnes, a senior XDA member, the CyanogenMod 12 was based on Android 5.0 Lollipop. You must take notice that if you want it as a daily driver it’s not stable enough because the CM build is in alpha stage and not all the features work on this CM build. If you still want to try this unofficial CM build follow the instructions below.
The features that not work are Bluetooth, NFC, Network Carrier text shifted to the right, in gmail when you click the pic circle weird things happen, when you try to set an alarm the phone is sent into bootloop, when try swipe gesture keyboard crashes.
Here’s what you need before the installation:
- Backup all your data
- Rooted device and latest recovery version
- Battery at least 80%
- This ROM is for OnePlus One only, don’t try installing on others devices, it will brick them
- Download Gapps pack
- If any damage occurs we will not be held responsible
Instructions to install on OnePlus One Android 5.0 ROM:
- Move the file downloaded to device storage
- Turn off the device
- Turn on the device in recovery mod by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons (in recovery mode volume buttons is to scroll the options and to select the option power button)
- Do a backup this step because if something goes wrong you can turn to your current version. Select ‘backup and restore’
- Select ‘wipe date/ factory reset’
- Select ‘install zip from SDcard’, now ‘chose zip from SDcard’ and select the downloaded file Lollipop ROM. Confirm installation
- Install Gapps pack the same way
- Select ‘reboot system now’ after all the installation is over
Now you have Android 5.0 Lollipop on OnePlus One device.