Mounting your new flat screen TV and making sure it stays on the wall, you should have the right kit for the job. Most TVs are anchored to wood pieces, but many others have special anchors for drywall, concrete or metal studs. Just remember, the mounting process should be made so good that the anchor needs to contain 5 times the weight of the TV.
Mounting a flat screen TV on the wall great experience that you will be proud of.
1. Based on your flat screen TV’ size and weight choose a flat wall mount. Don’t forget to consider the location of the TV as choosing the right wall mount needs to be based on viewing height, internal and external cables and power cords. After all, you are aiming for unobstructed view and minimal glare.
2. Decide on the spot you wish to place your new TV and use a stud finder to locate the studs in the wall. Once located, mark them up with a piece of chalk or a pencil. Line up the wall mount’s spots with the marked up locations and using lagscrews, screw in the mount to the wall. Test it is secure.
3. The second part of the wall mount now needs to be screwed in tightly on the back of the TV. Test to ensure it is screwed in properly and can hold the TV’s weight.
4. Place the TV on the wall and lock the two wall mount parts together. Check the fittings are secure.
5. Test for stability within a couple of hours too as some mounts may initially appear secure but tilt afterwards if not attached properly.