Almost all Android and iOS gamers can download the new update to PUBG mobile. The last batches of users should get the game very soon. The patch notes are now available to view and I will be listing some of the major updates down below.
The update has been rolling out on a region basis and most players have already some of the improvements for PUBG Mobile. However, the main focal point of the update is definitely the content pack that came in the form of Zombie hordes.
What is happening with Infection mode?
Infection is the name of the new mode that will see Defenders go against Zombies. Players will have the opportunity to play as Zombies and try to turn the Defenders to their side. Individuals will be randomly assigned to teams at the match start and this will severely affect their playstyle.
PUBG has collaborated with Resident Evil this year to bring Zombie mode to the battlefield. The feature was considered as a smash hit and is now receiving an upgrade with Infection mode.
Global Treasure Hunt Mission Tree
The Global Treasure Hunt is another interesting feature of the update. It is split into four sections with each one getting a map of its own. Each section will have 7 levels and each level will have 2 missions.
- Appearances and skills unlocked with new character system
- Pirate theme on main menu
- Global treasure hunt
- Season 8 Royal Pass restocked with popular items
PUBG Updates: Infection feature
- Players are divided into Zombies and Defenders at the start of the match
- Defenders get guns, Zombies have melee attacks and abilities
- Zombies can revive after death
- Defenders turn into Zombies after death
- Zombies win if all Defenders are infected
- Defenders win if one survives in the allotted time
- Zombie form controls can be customized
- Infection is accessible in room mode
Angela Davies was a reporter for s4Tips, before becoming the lead editor. Angela has over fifty bylines and has reported on countless stories concerning all things related to technology. Angela studied at Caltech.