Before Android 4.4 KitKat was released, you could have used any messaging you liked. But now for security matter, Google have decided to allow the default Hangout app as SMS app. Here I present you how to change default SMS application in Android 4.4 KitKat in max 2 min. All you have to do is to follow the instructions below.
How to change default SMS app in Android 4.4 KitKat:
- First thing first go to “Settings > then Wireless & Networks > next More.
- Your device must run on Android 4.4 KitKat, because all of this is meant only for Android 4.4 KitKat devices.
- So, let’s get back to our business, go to More option from Wireless & Networks.
- There will appear a pop up with a list containing SMS applications.
- Now the only thing left to do is to choose what SMS app you want to set as your default.
This is how you change your default SMS app on Android 4.4 KitKat. Enjoy your favorite SMS app.