Owners of older Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (Gt-I9505) devices should be happy to hear that they can finally get their hands on Google’s latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat operating system thanks to the developers from the XDA forums. The first Android 7.1.1 Resurrection Remix v5.8.0 ROM was launched during Black Friday and now it’s finally available for public testing. Worth mentioning is that the custom ROM build and installation instructions have been posted by the XDA senior Buff99.
The custom ROM has been build around Google’s Android 7.1.1 Nougat and it’s the result of the conjoined effort of custom ROM developer teams like CM, Omni, RR and Slim ROM team. The Resurrection ROM includes the same standard features presented by the nightly build of CyanogenMod 14.1. There are a bunch of Galaxy S4 users that have already flashed the ROM on their device and we because of that we know what works and doesn’t.
- The standard orientation features such as GPS and accelerometer work accordingly the only issue is that the GPS status needs a fix to be installed before it can be used for indoor navigation.
- Users can expect the ROM to come with hardware support the same way CM14.1 ROM does.
- Video recording is broken and it doesn’t work at all.
- Not all camera features function and the connection seems to be problematic.
- Theme Engine is still in works and it’s not available.
- Photo Gallery doesn’t work accordingly and it glitches because of the slow media indexing.
Before heading over into the installation process readers should take note that this ROM is still in the beta phase and the wisest thing to do would be to wait for a final build to be launched. Nonetheless, in case you want to flash the ROM, head over to Resurrection Remix’s official website where you can find instructions.