Huawei Ascend G300 was launched back in 2012 and has a hardware that successfully supports Android 4.4 KitKat, but an official update to Android 4.4 KitKat will not happen. This guide is meant for Huawei Ascend G300 only, don’t try on others. So let’s see how to update Android 4.4 KitKat on Huawei Ascend G300.
What I will present you it’s not an official update, but it makes your Huawei Ascend G300 to look alike Android 4.4 KitKat, Google latest Android update. This is available only for devices with high end profile. Your warranty will be lost if you install this Rom. Be careful when you follow the procedure. This is meant only for Huawei Ascend G300 to update to Android 4.4 KitKat.
Here is what you need before you begin updating your Huawei Ascend G300 to Android 4.4 KitKat:
- Be sure your device is Huawei Ascend G300 because it doesn’t work on other devices.
- Your Huawei Ascend G300 must be rooted to install CM 11 Rom which updates to Android 4.4 KitKat.
- Your device must be charge at least 80%. Install a custom recovery on your device.
- Download Android 4.4 KitKat update and G-apps pack.
If you have all of this you can now proceed to updating your Huawei Ascend G300.
How to update to Android 4.4 KitKat your Huawei Ascend G300:
- The downloaded files must be copied to SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Turn the device on by pressing at the same time the buttons Power, Volume up and Home. You Are now in Recovery Menu.
- Next do a factory reset and wipe “Cache” and “Dalvik Cache”.
- Next select install from your SD card and select CM 11 Rom.
- Install G-apps in the same way.
- Wait until the installing is finished.
- Do a factory reset from the recovery menu.