Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 was launched back in 2012 and its hardware successfully supports Android 4.4 KitKat. This guide is meant for Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 only, don’t try on others. So let’s see how to update Android 4.4 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy Mini 2.
What I will present you it’s not an official update, but it makes your Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 to look alike Android 4.4 KitKat. This is available only for Samsung S4 and other devices with high end profile. Your warranty will be lost if you install this Rom. Be careful when you follow the procedure. This is meant only for Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 to update to Android 4.4 KitKat.
Here is what you need before you begin updating your Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 to Android 4.4 KitKat:
- Be sure your device is Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 because it will not work on other devices.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 must be rooted to install CM 11 Rom.
- Your device must be charge at least 80%. Install a custom recovery on your device.
- Download Android 4.4 KitKat and G-apps pack.
If you have all of this you can now proceed to updating your Samsung Galaxy Mini 2.
How to update to Android 4.4 KitKat your Samsung Galaxy Mini 2:
- Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 must be connected to your PC and the update you downloaded must be copied to SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Turn the device on by pressing at the same time the buttons Power, Volume up and Home. You will release the buttons when you see the Samsung Logo.
- You Are now in Recovery Menu.
- Next do a factory reset and wipe “Cache” and “Dalvik Cache”.
- Next select install from your SD card and select the update file.
- Install G-apps in the same way.
- Wait until the installing is finished.