Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 was launched back in 2011 and has a hardware that successfully supports Android 4.4 KitKat, but an official update is out of the question. This device has beautiful specifications and sports a “Corning Gorilla Glass” protection. This guide is meant for Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 only, don’t try on others. So let’s see how to update Android 4.4 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy SL i9003.
What I will present you it’s not an official update, but it makes your Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 to look alike Android 4.4 KitKat, Google latest Android update. This is available only for Samsung S4 and other devices with high end profile. Your warranty will be lost if you install this Rom. Be careful when you follow the procedure. This is meant only for Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 to update to Android 4.4 KitKat.
Here is what you need before you begin updating your Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 to Android 4.4 KitKat:
- Be sure your device is Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 because it will not work on other devices.
- Your Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 must be rooted to install CM 11 Rom.
- Your device must be charge at least 80%. Install a custom recovery on your device.
- Download Android 4.4 KitKat update and G-apps pack.
If you have all of this you can now proceed to updating your Samsung Galaxy SL i9003.
How to update to Android 4.4 KitKat your Samsung Galaxy SL i9003:
- Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 must be connected to your PC and the downloaded files must be copied to SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Turn the device on by pressing at the same time the buttons Power, Volume up and Home. You will release the buttons when you see the Samsung Logo.
- You Are now in Recovery Menu.
- Next do a factory reset and wipe “Cache” and “Dalvik Cache”.
- Next select install from your SD card and select CM 11Rom.
- Install G-apps in the same way.
- Wait until the installing is finished.