Sony Xperia T was released in 2012 and there is said that will receive an official update Android 4.4 KitKat. But it takes too long to release it. For Sony Xperia T are available CvanigenMod Nightly builds. It is another way for the Android 4.4 update to be installed. Here is a guide of how to update Sony Xperia T to Android 4.4 KitKat.
What I will present you it’s not an official update, but it’s a cm 11 open source Android that is available only for Samsung S4 and other devices with high end profile. Your warranty will be lost if you install this Rom. Be careful when you follow the procedure. This is meant only for Sony Xperia T to update to Android 4.4 KitKat.
Here is what you need before proceeding with the update:
- Your device must be a rooted Sony Xperia T.
- Install on your device Custom Recovery.
- Your device must be charge up to 75%.
- Your Sony Xperia T has to be Boot Loader Unlocked.
- Download “Android 4.4 KitKat” and “G-Apps Package”.
How to update Sony Xperia T to Android 4.4 KitKat:
- Copy files to SD Card.
- Next reboot to recovery.
- Access Mounts and Storage.
- Next do a factory reset and wipe “cache” and then “dalvik Cache”.
- Select “Install” from “SD card” and choose “Update.zip” first.
- Install G-apps.
- After you finished installing G-apps and Rom do a factory reset.
- Select “Reboot System” and that is it.
Your Sony Xperia T has been now updated to Android 4.4 KitKat. Enjoy your updated device.