How to install Android 4.2.2 ROM on your Galaxy S3?
When talking about the Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4, the last two flagships of the Koreans, and try to compare then we reach to the conclusion that there are two very similar phones. Both the design and performance, with a plus for last one.
No wonder that Samsung has said it will introduce all the new software of S4 in S3 with the release of a new version of Android for this phone. This ROM was released on informal ways, being dropped on the Internet. Unfortunately not all of S4 functions were ported on S3 with the new 4.2.2 version of the Android operating system. According to SamMobile, the official update can be expected in July or August, although we don’t yet know for sure. Previously, SamMobile reported that the final version was supposed to be released in June.
Here are software functions that are found on both smartphones:
- – S4 lockscreen
- – Adapt and Professional Photo Display
- – Daydream
- – Driving Mode
- – The changing new widgets
- – Completely redesigned user interface
- – Voice control of phone
- – New S Voice
- – New additions in Notification Center
Android 4.2.2 Installation Guide for S3
Do not start the tutorial if you do not have at least 50% battery.
- Download the firmware here.
- Unzip the file
- Open Odin 3.04 (already included in the firmware package)
- Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add I9300XXUFME7_I9300OXAFME7_I9300XXUFME7_HOME.tar.md5 to PDA
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+ Power + Volume Up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!
If you encounter problems such as boot loops (the phone still restarts when trying to start Android’s) or other problems hold down home + power + higher volume buttons to enter the recovery mode and select Wipe data. Then follow the tutorial again from point 2.