Nexus 5 is one of the best smartphone available on the market. The hardware runs the last Android OS and Google Nexus 5 has the some amazing specifications. If you need or want to install a Custom Rom or maybe the latest CyanogenMod on Google Nexus 5 you will need installed a Custom Recovery on it. Also if you want to root your device you will be needed a Custom Recovery. So let’s follow the instructions on how to install ClockworkMod Recovery on Google Nexus 5.
Here is what you need before you begin installing on your Google Nexus 5 ClockworkMod Recovery:
- First, to install on Google Nexus 5 ClockworkMod Recovery you need to download the file zip.
- Enable the USB debugging.
- For those who don’t know how to do it press Build Number couple of times and will enable the developer option, there you will find enable USB debugging.
- Your battery must be at least 80%.
This is it. You can now proceed to install ClockworkMod Recovery.
How to install ClockworkMod Recovery on Google Nexus 5:
- Extract on your desktop PC the file Fastboot.zip.
- Download Clockworkmod Recovery (You can also download the following if you want to: CWM Normal, CWM Touch, CWM Swipe or TWRP).
- Rename the recovery file you downloaded into “recoveryfile” and then copy the file in the folder Fastboot.
- Turn off the device and connect it to your desktop PC with the data cable.
- Turn on the device by pressing at the same time Volume Up and Power button. Some text will appear on the device screen.
- Next go to the folder Fastboot, here press “Shift + Right click”.
- Here choose Open Command Prompt.
- In the command window write fastboot flash recovery recoveryfile.img and press enter.
Now you have installed successfully recovery on Google Nexus 5.